Autorun Eater 2.5
Autorun Eater was born due to increase of malwares using the ??autorun.inf?? tactic to infect users unknowingly be it from flash drives, removable hard disks or any other removable storage device. When an infected device is infected with a malware and an ??autorun.inf?? file is dropped, the shell menu is normally modified to execute the malware whenever the unsuspecting user double-clicks the infected drive.
Most anti-malware apps out there will almost instantly remove any malware detected but more often than not they leave the ??autorun.inf?? file behind. And what if the anti-malware app fails to catch the malware? Here is when Autorun Eater comes in handy. Autorun Eater will remove any suspicious ??autorun.inf?? files even before the user attempts to access the drive. This files are auto-backup??ed in case of false positives.
- Scan and remove suspicious 'autorun.inf' files found in the root directory of all drives, C-Z, in real-time
- Scan priority(normal/high)
- Scan results are logged
- Add and remove from startup entry
- 3 optional registry fixes (Task Manager, Regedit & Folder options).
- Users are informed whenever a suspicious ??autorun.inf?? file is detected.
- Backup copies of suspicious ??autorun.inf?? file(s) are created before the original copy is removed for easy recovery.
- Status tooltip to get tool info easily without right-clicking on tray icon.
- ??Paused?? notifier that slides in/out from botton-right of screen when ??Pause?? is activated.
What's New in version 2.3:
- Added: 2 suspicious 'autorun.inf' removal methods - 'Ask For Confirmation' and 'Auto-Remove'.
- Added: Feature to view contents of suspicious 'autorun.inf' files in detection window.
- Added: Option to on or off startup/exit sound.
- Added: Option to on or off detection sound.
- Added: Option to enable or disable GUI Tips.
- Added: Option to ignore suspicious 'autorun.inf' files.
- Added: 'Remove Ignore' option to undo previously ignored suspicious 'autorun.inf' files.
- Changed: Detection window has evolved from a mundane message box to a cooler GUI window!
- Changed: Smaller memory footprint.
- Changed: Minor tweaks to the scanning engine.
- Changed: Minor tweaks to program behaviour.
- Changed: Minor improvements to installer.
- Fixed: Minor Scan Drive A: and B: issues.
You can install the new version over the old version (exit 2.2 first).
If you enjoy using Autorun Eater, please feel free to donate.
MD5 Checksum: 7c83ff4affbcba2e0fe64a7feea6ff26